APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
Blue Mission Organization is an independent Lebanese organization based in Saida that promotes and protects the rights of vulnerable populations.
Our programs focus on the following core activities: medical aid, mental health, education, peacebuilding, and community development.
Improve health outcomes of families and alleviate the stress and psychological suffering of vulnerable individuals and families through counseling and therapy sessions in South Lebanon.
Blue Mission is partnering with IDEALS for the Karama project. Karama (Arabic for “dignity”) is an initiative targeting refugee and host communities in Lebanon’s South and Mount Lebanon Governorates, providing aid to women and their families. The programme reaches out to refugee and host populations living in informal settlements to assess the mental and physical health needs of their residents, with an emphasis on women and their children. Beneficiaries who need counselling will be referred to the Blue Mission Centre for psychosocial intervention. The mental health team consists of a psychotherapist, art and drama therapists, social workers, a project coordinator, a project manager and administrative staff as well as community liaisons who will aid in building trust and partnerships with the refugee community, the local Lebanese host population and leaders, be they municipal or informal.
The psychotherapist will be responsible for supporting children and families in need of individualized MHPSS interventions. Candidates who are based in Saida or in the greater Saida region are especially encouraged to apply.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assess psychosocial and mental health needs of the children, women and men and caregivers referred or self-referred to the mental health staff, and determine if further intervention is needed
- Weekly coordination meetings for development of an intervention plan with the social workers and the project manager to assist children and families in overcoming emotional, relational and developmental difficulties
- Provide therapeutic support to children and caregivers through individualized or group therapy sessions
- Identify the need for psychiatric intervention to be referred
- Identify protection and GBV needs and contribute to the development of relevant interventions
- Collaborating and cooperating with other team members
- Performing any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the project manager
- Respect patient privacy and confidentiality, and treat them with respect and care
- Ensuring related means of verification, collecting and entering beneficiaries’ data
- Participate actively to support project manager by reviewing the reporting of PSS and outreach activities, ensuring that data entry forms and templates are used correctly and the quality of data captured is in line with the project’s mental health goals
- Provide weekly, monthly and final reports in standard formats to the Project manager on mental health activities
- Delivering sessions in a variety of locations
- Preparing workshops and awareness sessions needed for different stakeholders
- Attending Mental Health working groups and relevant meetings on the regional and national levels
- Networking with Lebanese mental health community to stay updated on workshops offered, possible referral options, and latest findings
Education and Professional Experience
- Master Degree in Clinical Psychology
- At least 2 years of experience in a related field
- Experience in working with children
- Previous experience within (I)NGOs desirable
- Ability to conduct and coordinate training and participatory assessment
- Focused, confident, and observant, reliable and confidential
- Good understanding of the Lebanese humanitarian context, and specifically in the South governorate
- Arabic native speaker and very good proficiency in English, written and oral
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels
- Ability to prioritize clearly and oversee multiple tasks
- Delivering other tasks as delegated and required for the project